Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Influenster VoxBox - Nurture VoxBox

I recently received from Influenster their Nurture VoxBox. Now, in case you do not know what a VoxBox is, or even what Influester is, I'll give you a short explanation. Influester is a website that collect reviews of different products or brands, pretty much anything. You grow your 'social impact' by writing reviews, answering questions and talking about it on your various social media outlets. Influenster will occasionally send out surveys to see if you qualify for it's upcoming VoxBox, which contains different products, complimentary, with the hope that you will review the products and share your opinion on social media. 

So, as stated before, I recently received their Nurture VoxBox. This box seemed to be geared towards mothers. Upon opening my box, this is what I found.

The back of the card on top listed the products in the box, a description of the product and the suggested retail price.



'Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive uses only high quality natural minerals, Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, for broad spectrum UVA and UVB skin protection. Dermatologist recommended and specifically formulated for everyday protection on face and body, involving no potentially irritating chemicals, Blue Lizard Australian Sensitive Sunscreen in effective UV protection but gentle on sensitive skin. Our packaging is a bit unique too! The patented BPA-free plastic cap on our 3.0 oz tubes is UV photo sensitive, changing color in the presence of harmful UV rays, reminding you to cover up. The deeper blue the cap becomes, the more UV rays are currently present.' 
3 oz tube - $14.99

'Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sport is very water resistant , meeting Australian Standards of 240 minutes in whirlpool water. It is designed for daily, full-body protection for the most active of people.'
3 oz tube - $12.99

Both of these lived up to the claims, keeping me from getting burnt during two separate outings at the beach. Living in Florida, I use sunscreen all the time, quite often having 3 or 4 different sunscreens that I'm rotating through. While I liked the protection the sensitive sunscreen provided, I wasn't a big fan of the 'unscented' scent. It smelled a little like clay to me. But if that doesn't matter to you, this is a great product.  The Sport version worked great! I used it when I took my son the beach. So we were  playing in the water, in the sand and running around. I definitely put the 'sport' aspect to the test. And it worked great! Unfortunately, there was only one application worth in the package and needed to reapply after a few hours. Remember, I live in Florida and it's June. That means full on sunshine! I will definitely consider purchasing this.




'Soft single-use, 100% cotton mask drenches your skin with an entire bottle of serum to instantly boost hydration, smooth fine lines, and restore firmness and bounce to your skin. Clinically prover to increase skin's hydration 2.5 times in only 10 minutes. the sheet works to trap all the goodness into the skin: It offers an intense yet gentle infusion of Super Hyaluronic Acid, Soy Peptides, Collagen and Vitamin E for immediate results. Perfect for travel-depleted skin or if you've been negligent in your skincare, it's like playing catch up - a mini facial on the go!'
$14.99

This was the first sheet mask I have ever used, so I was a little weirded out at first. But once I placed it on my face, rested for 15 minutes and took it off, I thought my skin felt so soft and moisturized.  I have naturally oily skin, so I was a little concerned about breaking out, but nothing happened. This is a great




'ATTITUDE Hair Care products were developed with uncompromised safety in mind, using only worry free ingredients. While cancer causing chemicals, mutagens, and reproductive toxins are still legally tolerated contaminants found in hair care products, you won't find them in ours. Now found at Target.'
 $9.99

At first, I though the product had a very strong scent to it, and one that was a bit masculine for my taste. However, it worked well, leaving my hair and body clean. I haven't looked in my local Target yet to see if this product is there. But with so many quality-comperable, less expensive options, I don't know that I would purchase this.


'Dramamine Non-Drowsy Natural, Dramamine's first truly non-drowsy offering. Prevents and treats symptoms of motion sickness (nausea and vomiting) without drowsiness.'
$4.88-$7.99 

This was the only product I was not able to try, as I have not had any opportunity to use it. 



'RedVines candy is the deliciously rewarding treat that has been making special moments even sweeter for generations. Always fat free and made with only five ingredients, Red Vines candy offers exceptional flavor without using any preservatives. Whether you pick up the classic tray at the movie theater concession stand or bring them on a family road trip, Red Vines candy has been an essential part of celebrating life's sweet moments for decades.'
$1.59 

As a person who LOVES Twizzlers, I was excited to try these, thinking they would be just like Twizzlers. I was disappointed. They were okay, but nothing stand out. They weren't as sticky or sweet as Twizzlers, two aspects I was looking for. I would definitely eat them again, but not go out of my way to get them.


'Introducing a new way to change up your dinner routine-UNCLE BEN'S Flavored Grains. These delectable mixes of sophisticated grains are great as a side dish or in your favorite recipes. UNCLES BEN'S Basmati Medley Savory Herb is a unique blend of basmati rice, orzo, and wild rice. UNCLE BEN'S Brown Rice & Quinoa Roasted Red Pepper brings you the goodness of brown rice and whole grain quinoa. And they both cook to perfection in just 25 minutes.'  
'So you want the golden crispy finish of oven cooked fries, and the unbeatable flavor of America's highest quality potatoes... but from a microwave and in just 4 minutes? No problem! With three Extra Crispy Easy fry varieties, you can enjoy perfectly crisp fries in the time it takes to preheat your oven.'  
I personally do like Uncle Ben and OreIda products. I think the quality is good and prices are reasonable. I have not yet used my coupons, but you can be sure I will be soon, and seeing the products as part of some of my meals. 



Over all, I feel that the products in the box were really good and useful. However, I did not see how the grouping of items necessarily catered toward a mother's 'nurturing' side. A single, childless person would have found these products just as useful. With that said, I did enjoy the products in the box.

Please let me know in the comments below if you have ever received a VoxBox.

No comments:

Post a Comment