It's hard to believe it's already Monday. Where did my weekend go? It was nice, however for it to stay lighter a bit longer yesterday.
It's been a long time since I've posted one of these link ups with Jessica @ Fantastically Average, so I don't have my successes from last week to post. So here are my five for the upcoming week:
1. Take a multi-vitamin and biotin everyday. I'm trying to grow my hair out and both my hairdresser and eyebrow-waxer told me on Saturday to be sure I am taking them RELIGIOUSLY!
2. Drink more water. This goes hand in hand with my first goal for the week. It's necessary to drink plenty of water to allow the vitamins to be absorbed by your body. And my hair dresser told me that taking vitamins without drinking plenty of water can cause break-outs. Yikes!
3. Make a real dinner at least 3 times this week. Normally it's just me and my 2 year old son eating dinner together, so it's very tempting after a long day at work to throw some chicken nuggets in the microwave and call that dinner. But I want us to eat better and healthier.
4. Get up earlier. This will actually assist in helping me with a lot more! By getting my butt out of bed earlier, I'll have more time to not feel so rushed in the morning. I tend to be very short with my angel in the morning when I'm rushed and I know that's not fair to him.
5. Follow the cleaning chart on the fridge. I copied an idea from another blog and that was to put a laminated chart on the fridge, listing all the things I need to do daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. Should keep me more organized, but it won't unless I follow it!
Hopefully next Monday I can report back and say that I was successful. I've had a lot of struggles lately feeling like my world is spiraling out of control, mostly because I allow other people to make me feel this way. So the best way to start feeling like I can reign back in control is to start small, get control of something that no one else can have an effect on, like taking a vitamin.
Monday, March 11, 2013
Thursday, March 7, 2013
So, maybe you have (but you probably haven't) been wondering why I haven't been posting. Well, it's actually quite a simple, yet embarrassing explanation.
HI, MY NAME IS KIM AND I'M ADDICTED TO YOU TUBE.
YouTube has replaced Facebook for me. I check it a couple times a day to see if anyone I am subscribed to has posted a new video. (And secretly do a happy dance when they have.) I guess I feel a bit of redemption because most of the channels I subscribe to are either beauty guru channels or their daily vlog channels and then some other home organization channels. See, nothing too crazy.
Actually, watching these channels give me a bit of hope. I keep thinking if I watch enough and get enough practice, I too can become a YouTube Beauty Guru. Not sure if this is practical or not. I haven't seen too many who are single moms who work a full time out-of-the-home job. But if anyone reading this knows of one, point me in her direction. Another issue is that my day to day routine is just that, routine. Wake up, get me and kid ready, go to work, come home, dinner and bed. Not too exciting.
When I go out with my friends, we are HYSTERICAL! Always laughing and having a good time.
I was thinking of possibly doing a channel in which I do something and solicit advice. I know I am far from perfect and definitely appreciate advice.
Do any of you have a YouTube channel? I would love to subscribe and see what you have! What do you think of a YouTube channel about soliciting advice? Am I just asking for trouble?