Saturday, June 22, 2013

Checking in....

I know that it's been awhile since my last post... I wish I had a better reason for not posting so often, but the truth is, I'm always so tired. Like, sleep all the time tired. I wake up late every day, go to work, take care of the munchkin, go to bed. That's it. Not sure why...

Anyway, I like to reassess my situation during the month of June every year. I feel like it's a good time to look back at the first half of the year and see what's been working for me (not much apparently) and what I can do to improve (Monster Energy I.V.). The majority of us make New Year's Resolutions (which we promptly neglect by January 15th) and I think it's good to check up half way through the year.



via weddingbycolor.com


So, I'm gonna dig right in:

1.  The most important thing to do, and what I have previously failed to do, is keep my goals and supporting 'stuff' within view. I think it's important to always see your goals, it's easier to make sure you're working to acheive them. Don't have a plan as of yet where to put them, but I'll figure it out.

2. I just bought a new car in May and I haven't re-done my budget to allow for the car payment. I mean, I know I can't spend $200.00 at the grocery store and not use coupons. But I haven't actually written down a budget to see where my money should go. I'm thinking of using a modified envelope system,  putting in a set amount for groceries and 'out to eat' money in them.

3. I have thousands of unread e-mails. I know I get way too many each day. My plan is two fold A) spend at least 10 minutes a day going through my e-mail, reading and deleting. B) If I see that I delete a certain companies e-mail often because I'm not going to shop there, I will go ahead and remove myself from that list.

4. I have a 'TO-DO' list on my fridge, but never use it. It's a useful chart, laminated and everything. I have household chores broken down by daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. I probably need to update it and make it brighter.

5. I need to make fitness and healthy eating more of a priority. I know that's a lot of the reason I am so tired all the time. I need to force myself to get out of bed and do something in the morning. I would love to get up and do yoga. I also think if I make a commitment to meal planning, that should take care of eating more healthy.

6. At one time in my life, I was obsessively clean. I clean my house almost everyday, vacuumed everyday. I'm not sure where I lost that drive/mentality, but I would love to get it back. I still get such a satisfction from having a spotless house. My only thought is that I need to just work keeping going and not sit down until the house is clean. And if I have to suck down a case of Redbull to get going, so be it (sugar free of course!)

7. I know I've said it before and I know I've fallen very short. But I want to be more committed to my blogging. I think it's a great way to communicate with other mom's and get ideas. So with that said, I probably need to put myself on a schedule with regard to my blogging and brainstorm about topics, etc.


So, I think that's a good start to my mid-year evaluation of self. One thing I really need to invest in is a good planner. I've seen the Filofax ones and I really like the way one YouTuber  I watch uses hers, but I'm not sure I want to justify spending so much on a planner. I like the Erin Condren ones too, but again, somewhat costly for this baller on a budget. If anyone has any good ideas for a reasonably priced planner, leave it in the comments below.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment