Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Personal Development Books

So lately I've been on a "Personal Development' kick. In the past month I've taken on two new jobs; a designer with Origami Owl AND a health and fitness coach with Beachbody. It's been a lot of work so far, just figuring out how each system works.

One thing that both organizations encourage is PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT! 

So after doing extensive research (checking out the YouTube channels, blogs, Facebook pages and Instagram pages of top people in each company) and see what the most successful people were reading, AND really thinking about how I want to grow as a person, I sat down and made a list of the kinds of personal development I wanted to read about:

Faith - I believe that God has a hand in all our successes and by building our relationship with Him, those successes will happen. I want to develop a closer, stronger relationship with God, and have the confidence to turn my life over to him.

Financial - I want financial success, we all do. But no how much money you make OR don't make per year, if you do not manage it wisely, you won't have it. You can make minimal money, but live a fulfilled life by making smart choices. I want to learn how to make those smart choices. 

Interpersonal - I'd like to think that I am a pretty easy person to get along with, although I'm sure there are some who would disagree. But this is something I want to work on; how to relate to more people, how to listen better, how to find that one thing about someone that makes me interested in them and be able to relate to them. 

Professional - This is different from financial development. I want to learn how to run my businesses. How to stay focused and prioritize my tasks (something I am HORRIBLE at.)

Health/Fitness - Now that I am an Independent Beachbody coach, it's my 'job' to teach people the way to better health and to be an example of what I'm trying to 'sell.' No one wants to listen to the lazy, chubby girl tell them about living a healthy lifestyle. I want/need to learn how to find motivation to eat better and work out each day. 



WHEW!!! That seems like so much, but I think it's important to your success to constantly feel you need to work on something, even if it's minor. 

What is your opinion on these types of books? Do you believe they really provide insight into growing as a person? Or do you believe that they are written by some schmuck just looking to cash in and earn a buck?
Please let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment