Sunday, January 4, 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge - Why Start This Challenge?

Like many other people, I can waste an obscene amount of time on Pinterest. Let's admit it, it's addicting. 

Well, I can across the below a couple days ago and thought, 'Hey, this would be a great writing prompt for my blog.' Plus I can write several at a time and schedule the post.


So, the first weeks challenge is 'Why Start this Challenge?' Well, this is two-fold. Like I said it gives me a writing prompt at least once a week. But the deeper meaning is that I will now be forced to really look at what I'm grateful for. Stop and smell the roses if you'd like. 

The past month and a half have been extremely rough on me, personally. I questioned a lot of my choices, been depressed, really felt that I'm just not doing life the right way. On New Year's Eve, it just came to me, I need to just turn my life over to God and let him lead me. (That is a whole separate topic itself.) After finding this challenge, I really believe it will help me to see what amazing things I already have in my life. Sometimes when you think things are just not going well in your life, that there is nothing to be grateful for. But once you actually sit down and think about what you DO have, you realize you really do have a good life and you need to see things from a different perspective. 

So, that's why I'm starting this challenge: to see things from a different perspective and appreciate all the good I do have in my life.

Have you ever done a challenge like this before? Let me know in the comments!

Happy New Year, Happy New YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment