Sunday, January 11, 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge - Spouse/Significant Other

Happy Sunday!

This week was a little bit difficult. Not only do I not have a spouse, but I recently became single. So I don't have a spouse currently to gloat about.

However, I am grateful for my son's father. My relationship with him spanned the most time, and was the most seriously relationship I've had to date. AND he is the father of my amazing boy! 

I'm not going to lie, we have a horrendous relationship currently. A lot of hurt and anger between us. But I did learn a lot from being with him, and not just 'what I don't want in a man.' I learned a lot about myself, especially recently. I learned that in order for a relationship to be successful, you must both be in love with each other. I know that sounds obvious, but I don't think we were. I loved him very much, I still do, but that feeling of being 'in love' faded and I don't know why. 

I can admit that I made mistakes and I can say, with complete honesty, I will never repeat those mistakes. I will not let my relationship get to the point that I just don't care enough to do the stupid things I have done. 

And most of all, I am grateful for the amazing gift he gave me, our son. I love that little guy more than life itself. I may not like my son's father most of the time, but I do love him for helping me create the most perfect human being. (in my opinion.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment