Sunday, January 18, 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge - Family

Welcome to week 3 of 52 Weeks of Gratitude! Week three focuses on FAMILY. 

My family consists of my son, two biological parents, a step-mother, sister, niece, nephew and a slew of other people that are not related to me by blood or marriage, but that I love just the same. And I also have a ton of friends that are like family to me, but that's a whole other topic!

I have an amazing family! I just want to put that out first and foremost. We do have the normal family arguments, I do fight with my parents and my sister. But at the end of the day, we love each other and would be there for each other, no questions asked. 

My mother is the most amazing person I know. She has sacrificed (and still does) for her daughters and grandchildren. As I've grown up and become a mother myself, she has become one of my best friends. I feel so blessed to have her as a mother and consider her one of my best friends.

My sister and I have a very odd relationship. We aren't very close and yet we are. We get very mad at each other and may say some harsh things, yet we are very quick to defend each other when someone else tries to talk badly. It's like 'I can call my sister a bitch, but I'll kick your ass if you do!' True, there are times I wish she was my best friend. I am jealous of women who can say their sister is their best friend. Who better to be your closest friend in life than the person who's been through all of it with you? I am praying and hoping that one day we can close those gaps and obtain that friendship. Most importantly, she loves my son. And that to me is the most important thing. 

I have a good relationship with my father and step-mother. My parents divorced when I was in fifth grade and my father married my step-mother a few years after, so she's been a part of my life a long time and has been part of my 'growing up.'

There are so many people that I consider 'family' that are not related to me by blood or marriage, like I said before. I am very close to the family of my son's father. My ex and I don't always get along, but I love his family and think they are wonderful people who love my son SO much. I am also close to the family of my niece and nephew's father. They are also very good to my son and treat him like he is part of the family. I feel blessed that I have such a large network of people that I can turn to anytime I am in need. I actually had someone say to me the other day that I've had it so good that I don't appreciate what I have. That's completely untrue. I know I am blessed to have such an AMAZING group of people around me. 



Leave a comment below about your family and why you are so grateful for them. 

Please join me each Sunday for another post of my Gratitude Challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment