Thursday, June 26, 2014

Project Pan

I have a ton of 'stuff' in my bathroom. No joke, I am currently rotating through 6 different shampoos and 5 conditioners and three different body washes in my shower. I have more make up than I will ever use, I have about three different facial moisterizers (and that's just for daytime!) Again, lots of stuff!
 
I ran across some videos on YouTube titled 'Project Pan.' The objective of the project is to not purchase any more of an item, mostly cosmetics, until you 'reach pan' or use up a certain number of items you currently own.
 
Well, I don't do YouTube videos, but I thought that this would be a great idea. It would get me to use up my stuff that I currently have and give me a reason to use up some of the stuff I haven't been using.
 
So, after I do a little shopping spree at Bath and Body Works this weekend (which is okay, I haven't bought any bath products there in ages) and go through and toss the stuff I have no intention on using or has gone bad, I'll make one last trip to Target to stock up and that's it. I will not be purchasing any items until I use up, let's say 25 items that I currently own.
 
As I sit here writing this, I am realizing what a daunting task this will be. I am a consumer at heart and live in a disposable world. I have the mentality that if I don't like something, I'll put it aside and get something I like more. I'm actually hoping to learn a few things
 
  1. I'm hoping to save money.
  2. I'll learn which products I actually like and don't like because I will have used them extensively
  3. I'll learn to not be such a hoarder & get rid of stuff that I don't like/doesn't work for me
Hopefully I can learn to use what I have and not be such a frivolous spender. (Biting nails as we speak!)


No comments:

Post a Comment