Friday, July 25, 2014

Creating a Dream Board


I’ve been seeing people posting their version of dream/vision boards around the internet lately. I laugh, because they are grown up versions of the bulletin boards we all had in our rooms as kids. (At least I did.)
 

 

 
BUT it’s a really good idea, writing down and having a visual of your goals/aspirations. That’s something I’ve had a tough time with. I always make the plans, but they hardly come to fruition. I think partly because they are never put down somewhere for me to constantly see. Kind of like my Summer Bucket List, great list, but without it printed and in constant view, it’s hard to remember to do those things.
 

So, I’ve decided to create my own Vison Board. I have a list of things that I want to achieve:

 

·       Disney Cruise 2016

·       Pay off car, buy a newer (hopefully brand new) Jeep

·       Build a deeper faith and stronger relationship with God

·       New home for my son and I

·       Find a new job that provides me with greater personal enrichment

·       Fit into my smallest size jeans by the end of 2014 (they are 6 sizes smaller than I am now)

·       Make sure the time I spend with my son is of greater quality

·       Purchase an Apple computer (I’m still using my Old HP)

·       Invest some of my time in philanthropic pursuits

 

As you can see, some of them are already pretty specific, like fitting into a certain size clothing by a certain time, but some are pretty vague at this point. I know I need to fine tune most of them. But I want to see these goals every day and make sure everything I am doing every day is helping me achieve. It’s kind of like the saying some organizers use when helping you go through your ‘stuff’: If you don’t need it, love it or if doesn’t make you money, get rid of it. I plan to use that approach to my life.

 

IF I DON’T LOVE IT, NEED IT OR IT DOESN’T HELP ME ACHIEVE MY GOALS, IT’S GOT TO GO!

 

I have a wall in my bedroom with nothing on it currently. I’m thinking of repainting the wall to give myself a fresh start. Then I want to build a board, maybe some sort of magnetic or white board, then frame it and hang it up. I want to make sure it’s special, because my goals and dreams are special.

 

Have you built a dream or vision board? Do you think it helps in achieving your goals? Please let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment