Sunday, February 15, 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitiude - A Friend

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!

This week I'm writing about a friend that I am grateful for. This is very tough, I have several very close friends whom I love very much! So, I decided to share why I'm grateful for the friend I have had the longest. 

I am grateful for my friend Krista. We met during my senior year of high school, on New Year's Eve. (Funny side note, I had a crush on her younger brother, who is my age, while I was in middle school.) We didn't meet that night and just become best friends, we started becoming friends because some other friends of ours asked her to call me to convince me to have a party at my house. For some reason, even though we barely knew each other, she was able to convince me and we started hanging out from then on. 

Looking back, I kinda think we were an odd couple. I was still in high school when we met. She was 20 at the time, working full time and had a two year old son. I guess we just 'clicked' as you could say and enjoyed hanging out with each other. 

Since that time, we have shared so much of our lives together, gone on several road trips together, been with each other through our pregnancies. (She threw me the most amazing baby shower!) We've been there for each other through relationships good and bad. (Happy to say that she's in the best one I could ever imagine for her!) 

One thing I actually love about Krista, she in unyielding in her honesty with me. And while it may appear to others that she is being a bit of a bitch, I know she is being brutally honest with me, and most likely, correct. Which is why I view our friendship as more of a sister relationship than a friendship. We will fight and not talk for several months and go right back as if nothing happened. I love that, we are not scared to make each other mad. There is no walking on eggshells here.

I am eternally grateful for my friend Krista, she has been there for me through thick and thin, good and bad. I think anyone would be blessed to call her a friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment