Sunday, February 22, 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude - Express Gratitude to Three People

This weeks challenge is to express gratitude to three people. It was actually not very much of a challenge for me, as it is habit for me to show people in my life appreciation for the things they do for me.

I wrote a handwritten note to each of my son's teachers, thanking all three of them for the impact they have had on my son. When my son started at the school he is currently at last October, he was behind where he should have been academically. In the almost 5 months he has been at they school, I have seen a dramatic change in not only his learning ability, but his personality as well.

I make sure to have a conversation with his teachers when I drop him off in the morning and when I pick him up in the afternoon. Having worked with children in the past, I know how important those short conversations are. So in the morning, I make his teacher aware of any issues that came up after we left the prior day, if my son told me of any troubles with other children. And in the afternoon, I always check to see how his day was.

Even though there is a constant flow of communication between us, I wanted them to know how important they are to my son and me. And I know that most people appreciate a hand written note, especially since it rarely happens anymore.

I am grateful for these women. Their patience and caring nature is appreciated by me immensely. Knowing how difficult some children can be, especially my own, it means so much to me that they treat my son and the other children so well! 




How do you show the people in your life gratitude? How you like to be shown gratitude? Do you appreciate an overt gesture or is a simple thank you enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment