Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My January 2015 Favorites

So, I decided I'm going to try a new thing and start doing a monthly favorites post. This will encompass beauty, food, kid products, media, pretty much anything that I (or my son) have been enjoying for the past month.


BEAUTY

*Naked 3 Palette - I purchased this a few months back and didn't use it too often then. But I have been using it regularly in January. I really enjoy the colors, as they are beautiful, but fairly neutral and appropriate for an office environment (where I work).


*Nivea's A Kiss of Olive & Lemon Lip Care - This has been my go-to lip balm. I had a cold for a few days, which forced me to use a lot of tissues. This in turn dried out my lips, adding to them already being dry because the air is a bit drier during the winter here in Florida. Nivea's A Kiss of Olive & Lemon has really helped keep my lips soft and I really like the smell. 


FOOD & DRINK

*Bigelow Sweet Dreams - I have been loving this tea this past month. It's a chamomile and mint tea and is caffeine-free, which makes it appropriate for bedtime. I usually drink it before bedtime, before I do my final tooth-brushing. I really love the way this tastes, and to me, it does taste different than Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea.



*Quest S'mores Protein Bar - These are DELICIOUS! I have been eating them on my way to the gym, before I work out. I have been a fan of the Quest bars for a while now, but these are my new favorite. They are not vegan and do have added sugars.



BOOKS

*Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters! by Rachel Macy Stafford - I am always on the look out for a good personal development book. I came across this when someone in one of my Facebook groups was reading it. I haven't finished it yet, as I only have about 30 minutes a day to actual feel decompress enough to read, then I am ready for bed. However, I am enjoying the book, it is really opening my eyes to the amount of time I spend on my phone and computer and doing other tasks and how I could be using that time to connect with my son. So far, I would recommend this book to any parent.




So this is my first try at a monthly favorites post. I hope you enjoyed it and will possibly try some of these things. I enjoy and use all of them and definitely recommend them.

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment