Friday, September 28, 2012

Dear My Wonderful Son...

Today you will turn two! I cannot believe you have already been driving me crazy  making my life amazing for that long already. I could bore you with the story of how we went to the hospital and what the weather was like, blah, blah, blah... (However, the day we left the hospital, the weather was AMAZING! 75 degrees, no humidity, that's heaven for September in Florida!)

However, I will tell you that I joked around with your father, saying we would name you after the starting pitcher for the Rays on the day of your birth. But you decided to arrive before the game even started. BTW, it was David Price. We had actually gone back and forth between Justin and another name and decided on Justin. One of the nurses said that was a good choice, because I got to the hospital just in time to have you. (Not really, we got there at 7am, you were born at 11:21am. Not 'just in' time in my book.)

There have been ups and downs for us, and I am forever sorry for the downs and forever grateful for the ups. Even though the song was really written for a couple in love, whenever I hear Blake Shelton sing "God Gave Me You" I realize how lucky I am to have you in my life and that there is no gift greater than you.

I love the way you care about your cousins and the rest of your family. I love the way you are soooo much like your Daddy (as scary as that is!) I love the way you are already, at two, a smart alack! (a taste of my own medicine!) I love the way you dance and shake your booty when Mommy tells you to. I truly believe you got the best of both your father and I! You continue to amaze me each and every day that I am with you! I can say, without any doubt, I would not trade these past two years for anything in the world.

And yet, I know the best is yet to come. I have so many more years with you and I know you will continue to out-do yourself time and time again. Every time I hear Brad Paisley's song "Just Like Me" I know that is exactly how you will be; getting into trouble and yet still captivating my heart. I know every second I spend being mad about the minor things is wasting precious seconds I have with you.

I have hopes, dreams and goals for you. I hope that you grow up with the common sense to know right from wrong. I hope you grow up wanting to be the man that you know would make me proud. My dreams are that you become what ever you aspire to be. My goal is to raise a son that becomes the kind of man that values everything in his life, his family, friends, home, job and country.

I love you more than life itself and I always be there for you as your mother, your mentor, your confidant and your best friend.

Love Always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment