Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Social #2

I am linking up with Neely and Ashley for my second Sunday Social. These questions hit home this weekend, as I had a bit of a nervous breakdown the other day and was forced to really look at my life and the direction I'm taking (But that's a different post for a different time.)
 
 
 
1. What is something you have wanted to do but are afraid of? I have always wanted to quit my job and start my own business. My friend and I have contempated a cupcake shop, but we both have kids and need financial security. And as an entrepreneur, there is no such thing as job security. That's scary when you are supporting children!



 2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? This is such a tough question. I would love, love, love to see myself home with my son and a second child in 5 years. But I know it's probably not going to happen. Finances are tough and it's looking like I'm going to remain a work-away-from-home mom :(
3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2012? I'm looking forward to the holidays with my son and family. I'm a true believer that Christmas is for children & there is nothing I love more that watching my son and niece open their gifts! On a serious note, I am looking forward to starting to get my life together. I've (almost) hit complete bottom & I'm really hoping to start putting the pieces back together.
 
4. What are your hopes for your blog? I am hoping to be able to put more time into it, work on all the tweaks, just make it more of a 'daily read' for people, host giveaways.
 
5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city? Actually, yes! I love that fact that I know so many people and all the great places to go. And I'm really a homebody, I don't have the desire to travel the world. I'd rather stay at home and spend my days on the same beach that I've been going to for 20 years.
 
6. What is your morning routine - I usually wake up, fold any laundry that I left in the dryer the night before, eat breakfast, take a shower, wake up my son and get him eating breakfast, make up, hair, dress while my munchkin is eating. Get him dress when he's done eating. Get our stuff together that I (usually) prepare the night before, and head off to my office.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the transition phase of working on my home based business and trying to balance work. It's not easy but It's do-able. If you really want something you'll make it happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Sunday Social!!

    I've always wanted to open a cupcake shop too. Recently I've been thinking a coffee shop would be nice, also! I really think you should go for it though. Life is short and why not take the risk?

    Happy Sunday!

    xoxo Heather

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete